Mar 02, 2023
54: How To Manage An It Team Effectively Without A Technical Background?
Managing an IT team can be a challenging task, especially if you do not have a technical background. However, with the right strategies and tools, it is possible for anyone to effectively manage an IT team regardless of their level of technical knowledge.
In our latest episode, Nicole Cotton and Samantha Bretous provide an overview of the key steps required to successfully manage an IT team without a technical background.
- 0:00 – 0:44 Opening
- 0:44 – 1:42 What Is A Project Manager?
- 1:57 – 3:17 Can you be a project manager without technical skills?
- 3:17 – 4:11 Characteristic Of A Project Manager
- 4:21 – 5:34 How Can You Manage An IT Team When You Don’t Know IT Skills?
- 5:34 – 7:36 Project Management Techniques To Get Ahead?
- 7:38 – 9:16 How Can You Build Trust Among Your Team As A Non-Technical Person?
- 9:18 – 11:11 Are There Other Ways To Encourage Collaboration On The Team?
- 11:12 – 13:19 What Kind Of Meetings Does A Project Manager Or Scrum Master Usually Run To Make Sure Each Teammate Is On The Same Page?
- 13:19 – 13:30 Closing Remarks
Thank you so much for listening and don’t forget to leave us a review! And hit the subscribe button to keep up with future episodes.
Find us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/deeperthantech
Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/deeperthantech
Subscribe to our Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deeper-than-tech/id1574520969
Dance by Spiring https://soundcloud.com/user-57630131
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
INSTAGRAM | https://www.instagram.com/samanthabretous/ TWITTER | https://twitter.com/samanthabretous
TIKTOK | https://www.tiktok.com/@samanthabretous
LINKEDIN | https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthabretous/
INSTAGRAM | https://www.instagram.com/illest_kncpt/
Enjoy the episode?
Rate it on Apple podcasts or tell your friends to listen!